Exilis Elite™ is a non-invasive skin-tightening treatment that uses monopolar radiofrequency to heat up the underlying tissues to promote new collagen production in the neck and submental area. Results are seen in 3-6 months. We recommend 4 treatments, spaced 1-3 weeks. After completing a series, maintenance is 1 treatment every 3-6 months. We no longer offer Exilis for the face. Emface offers the best results for increasing collagen in the upper and lower face. Exilis and Emface treatments can be done at the same appointment.
What does the treatment feel like?
Minimal discomfort has been reported, and patients often compare the treatment to a hot stone massage. No anesthesia is needed.
What is my preparation for the treatment?
HYDRATION IS KEY! Please increase your water intake 2-3 days prior to treatment, drinking at least 2 liters a day. Continue to stay well hydrated after your treatments.
What should I expect after my treatment?
The skin may be pink and feel warm for several hours after the treatment. There is no downtime, and you can return to your normal activities immediately following your treatment.
Are there any risks or possible side effects?
The most common side effects with Exilis Elite™ are minimal and include minor redness, swelling and discomfort which generally subside after a short duration. Rare but possible side effects include mild burns, blisters, and skin tenderness.
Are there any contraindications?
▪ Metal implants of the head and spine or in the treatment area
▪ Active implanted devices which includes, but is not limited to pacemakers, defibrillators, cochlear implants, or diabetic pumps. If you have had one of these implanted devices in the past and the device has been removed, it is very important to let your treatment provider know.
▪ Pregnancy or breastfeeding
▪ Permanent fillers like silicone or Artefill/Bellafill in the desired treatment area
▪ Radiation therapy and chemotherapy in the treatment area, in the past 6 months
▪ Poor healing and unhealed wounds in the treatment area
▪ Metal implants near treated area or neutral electrode
Modern Dermatology requires a credit card for scheduling of all aesthetic appointments (except Botox/Dysport/Jeuveau). We will remind you of your appointment 1 week prior in case you need to cancel or reschedule. Appointments broken without 48 business hours of notice will be charged a $250.00 cancellation fee for the time we reserved for you.