CoolSculpting is a non-surgical office procedure to destroy subcutaneous fat cells by delivering cooling at the surface of the skin. Following the procedure, the fat cells die through a natural process called apoptosis and are processed by the body. The CoolSculpting procedure does not replace other methods of weight control such as diet, exercise, or liposuction.
Clinical studies show the CoolSculpting procedure causes a 20-25% reduction of fat in the treated area after a single treatment, improving the appearance of visibly localized bulges of fat beneath the skin. Visible results can vary from person to person.
Some patients may see changes as early as three weeks after the CoolSculpting procedure; most dramatic results are experienced after one to three months. The body will continue to naturally process the injured fat cells from the body for approximately 90 days following the procedure.
While you will see up to a 20-25% fat reduction in the treated area after a single treatment, individual results may vary, and some patients may require more treatments or wish to undergo an additional series of treatments to target additional body areas. After having Coolsculpting, your skin may appear or feel loose. This typically resolves over the following 6 months unless further weight loss is experienced. Your provider will work with you to determine if additional treatments are necessary to reach your desired goal
What does the treatment feel like?
– Treatment may take from one to several hours, depending on your treatment plan.
– No Topical anesthesia or pain medication is required.
– As the procedure is initiated, vacuum pressure draws tissue into an applicator cup between cooling panels. You may experience sensations of pulling, tugging, mild pinching, intense cold, tingling, stinging, aching, and cramping at the treatment site. These sensations subside as the area becomes numb.
– After the applicator is detached, your provider will do a brief massage on the area to break up the treated fat cells and enhance the fat reduction.
– There typically is minimal recovery time after CoolSculpting
Modern Dermatology requires a 48-hour notice of any changes or cancellation of any aesthetic appointments. If you make changes to your treatment plan, reschedule, no show or cancel your appointment within 48 hours, you will be required to pay $250.00. If a third late cancellation, change to your treatment plan, reschedule or no show should occur, within the same calendar year, you will be required to pay 50% of the service you are requesting to reserve any future appointments. This amount is non-refundable should you fail to show up or cancel within 48 hours of your appointment.
*This policy is subject to change without prior notice.
Modern Dermatology requires a 48-hour notice of any changes or cancellation of any medical appointments. If a new patient reschedules, no shows or cancels their appointment within 48 hours more than twice, no future appointments will be scheduled.