Dr. James C. Collyer is a board-certified dermatologist who received his training from Northwestern University in Chicago. He has been a dermatologist in the Seattle area for 10 years, is a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Washington Division of Dermatology and finished as the highest-rated Dermatologist in King 5 News’ Best of Western Washington in 2013 and 2014. In 2017 he was also named a Top Doc by Castle Connolly nationally.
Being academically trained, he has authored several scientific articles and book chapters and lectures both locally and nationally. Within Dermatology he has a particular interest in men’s skin health, cosmetic dermatology, lasers/light therapy, sclerotherapy, skin surgery and psoriasis.
As an Eagle Scout and having grown up in Colorado and New Mexico, Dr. Collyer is an avid fan of the outdoors and snowboarding. You might also find him at a Seahawk’s or Sounder’s game (being the sports nut he is), hanging out with his family (the youngest of seven children), traveling or babbling something in Dutch.
- Dermatology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, 2005-2008
- Chief resident, Jesse Brown VA Hospital, 2008
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery preceptorship grant, 2007
- Goldberg Family Trust grant, 2006
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 2000-2004
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society (Junior year, top 4% of class)
- Merit Scholarship recipient, 2000-2004
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Medicine, Resurrection Medical Center, Chicago IL, 2005
- Brigham Young University, 2000
- Summa Cum Laude
Professional Activities and Experience
- University of Washington, Clinical Assistant Professor
- Westside Dermatology, 2008 – 2015
- American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), Fellow
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS), Fellow
- Medical Dermatology Society
- Seattle Dermatology Society
- Washington State Dermatology Society
- AAD Sports Committee, 2006 – 2008
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 2003-present